About Tebogo Kgobokoe
Known as the Dance Queen of Africa, Ms Tebogo Kgobokoe has risen from a young traditional dancer in the North-West Province of South Africa to an acclaimed professional world-champion dancer, dance coach and adjudicator.
Holistically talented, Ms Tebogo Kgobokoe has excelled in various dance genres and remains the undefeated 10 times South African professional Latin American and Ballroom dance champion, and seven times South African Professional Latin American champion.
She has competed and adjudicated world-wide in United Kingdom, Germany, Japan, Malaysia, the USA, Holland, Hong Kong, France, Switzerland, and many other countries and ultimately attained the 6th finalist position in the World Professional Latin category in 2005.
Judging by her clientele, Ms Tebogo Kgobokoe is certainly a respected international dance-sport household name.
Youngest-Ever Dance Coach and Adjudicator
Ms Tebogo Kgobokoe became the youngest ever qualified South African dance coach and adjudicator, at the tender age of 16. She has fittingly dazzled South Africans with her unforgettable professional artistry and charming personality. The straight-talking beauty remains one of the most respected and invincible artists in South Africa and the world at large.
Her exceptional achievements have found her favour on the home front, placing her at the top of her league. On the international scene, Ms Tebogo Kgobokoe serves a wide clientele worldwide, both as an adjudicator and as coach to some of the world’s top couple-dancers.
Ms Tebogo Kgobokoe has notched up an impressive list of achievements over her professional career as a dancer, including:
- World Latin Professional Showdance Finalist
- World Professional Latin semi-finalist
- British Open Professional Latin semi-finalist
- Blackpool Rising Star semi-finalist
- Dutch Open Professional Latin finalist
- German Open Professional Latin finalist
- Russian Open Professional Latin finalist
- French and Asian Open Professional Latin finalist
- Undefeated SA Professional Ten dance champion
- Undefeated SA & Gauteng Professional Ballroom, Latin and Ten dance champion
- Represented SA in 8 world championships
- 13-time South African representative to the World Championships
Ms Tebogo Kgobokoe is now one of South African’s top choreographers and coaches some of the country’s top professional and amateur dancers. She is coach to current South African Junior, Youth and Adult Champions. To name a few, companies that Ms Tebogo Kgobokoe has choreographed for include:
- SABC1‟s So You Think You Can Dance
- MNet, Kyknet‟s Dans Dans Dans
- Kora Africa Music Awards
- Rumba in the Jungle
- Gymnaestrada South Africa 2010, 2011
- Anglo Ashanti
- Mzansi Dance Productions
- SA Guide Dogs
- Deloitte & Touché
- Penny Beat Studios
- Cape Youth Dance Academy
- SAMA Awards 2012 with 220 dancers
Ms Tebogo Kgobokoe works with different companies as a multi-genre dance teacher, trainer and adjudicator, motivational speaker, and arts consultant. She has served as a panelist with the National Arts Council, while sitting on the North-West Provincial Arts and Culture Executive Committee.
Businesswoman and Dance Adjudicator
Ms Tebogo Kgobokoe is also founder and executive manager of South African Businesswomen in the Arts (SABWA), is a World Dance Council adjudicator, and has served as the revered and riveting judge on the TV shows Strictly Come Dancing (2013- 2016) and Dancing With The Stars SA (2018); as well as a Rumba in the Jungle adjudicator and ambassador (2017-2018).
Ms Tebogo Kgobokoe is an acclaimed and successful businesswoman and entrepreneur who pushes the boundaries of the arts business and spreads her wings in different avenues related to her trade, with several prestigious awards under her belt on the socio-economic front. Such notches on her belt include, among others:
- Tshwane Businesswoman’s Award Winner
- Shoprite Woman of the Year Award Winner
- Rapport and City Press Prestige Women’s Award Winner
- Feather Awards Winner
- Cosmopolitan Awesome Women Award Winner
- Businesswomen’s Association – Entrepreneurship category Winner
- CEO Magazine’s Most Influential Woman in the Arts 2013, 2014 (in South Africa and SADEC region)
- Mbokodo Dance Recognition Award Winner
- Cherie Blair mentee
Leader in Arts Education
Ms Tebogo Kgobokoe is in the forefront of revolutionising arts education in South Africa, through education institutions. She is the founder and principal of the following institutions:
My Amazing Family
My fabulous sisters! In this photo, I should be in the middle, age-wise, and there are two missing from this photograph.
- Thapelo aka ‘Aus Thapi’ – the best big sister in the world, master of all things relationship #RelationshipCoach #Psychologist #Speaker
- Tlamelo aka ‘Tlamzi’ – #CreativeMind #Educator #Specialist
- Nthabiseng aka ‘Shuga’ – #FarmerExtraordinaire #LegalMind #RadioPresenter
- Tuelo aka ‘Sistaman’ – #MusicSuperstar #Writer #Composer #BrilliantMind #TueloMusic
When you come from a family with lots of sisters, one tends to not need a lot of outside friends. We are all so different, so dynamic, so fabulous.